In April 2019, the agency’s work both in the U.S. and the U.K. was covered in 19 placements throughout top-tier consumer, business and trade outlets, including USA Today, Travel+Leisure, Kansas City Business Journal, Media Post and more. A big focus in April was the announcement of the Digital Spring acquisition. The PR team distributed a press release, resulting in nine placements in U.S. and U.K. media and garnering 2,000,000 impressions.
NJF won a 2019 Bronze Anvil Award of Commendation for the Visit California Dream Drive program entry. The PRSA Bronze Anvils recognize and honor the very best public relations tactics executed each year. This year’s competition drew a total of 403 entries in 33 categories.
At the end of the month, the team distributed a pitch on this quarter’s travelhorizons™ results. We’ll report on results in the May report.
Please find the agency’s PR and social media report attached. You can download the April 2019 clip report here.
New insights and highlights include:
Iceland used to be the hottest tourism destination. What happened?
As a result of providing expert insights from Chris Davidson to writer David Oliver, MMGY Global was featured on USA Today (UVM: 36,989,744) in an article titled “Iceland used to be the hottest tourism destination. What happened?”
MMGY CEO Acquisition ‘is the next step for us to become more global’
As a result of coordinating a phone interview with Clayton Reid and reporter Leslie Coling, Kansas City Business Journal (UVM: 42,185) covered the acquisition of Digital Spring, including quotes from Clayton, in an article titled “MMGY CEO: Acquisition ‘is the next step for us to become more global’
Digital Spring Acquisition Press Release:
As a result of the press release distribution to a wide list of U.S. and U.K. media announcing the Digital Spring acquisition, coverage resulted in nine placements reaching a total audience of over 2 million UVMs. Top highlights include but are not limited to:
- Media Post (UVM: 1,333,917) – MMGY Global Acquires UK-Based Digital Spring
- Hospitality Net (UVM: 387,609) – MMGY Global Continues European Marketing Services Expansion with Addition of U.K.-Based Digital Spring
- O’Dwyer’s (UVM: 58,642) – MMGY Acquires Digital Spring
- HSMAI (UVM: 64,314) – MMGY Global Continues European Marketing Services Expansion with Addition of U.K.-Based Digital Spring
- KC Business Journal (UVM: 42,185) – One of KC’s fastest-growing companies makes another acquisition
- Travel Daily News International (UVM: 68,900) – MMGY Global continues European marketing services expansion with addition of U.K.-based Digital Spring
- Holmes Report (UVM: 151,309) – EMEA News In Brief (April 15, 2019)